MFFT 90 Minimum Film Forming Temperature Bar Allows you to determine the MFFT and White Point for Paints & Coatings and Adhesives
The new MFFT 90 benefits from an easy to use touch screen interface, digital MFFT 90 temperature calculation and output to handy results labels. These additions to the trusted MFFT 90 make the instrument easier to operate with improved certainty of results.
The temperature bar consists of a copper platen with an electronically imposed temperature gradient. Built-in temperature sensors monitor the temperature across the platen, a graph of the gradient is displayed on the touch screen console of the MFFT 90.
Purge gas is integrally dried and flows over the platen via a sintered distribution block. The hinged perspex cover provides thermal and atmospheric insulation whilst allowing constant visual inspection of a test. A cursor is moved to indicate the identified MFFT 90 point; the instrument calculates and displays the temperature in the required units.
The instrument can be supplied with an optional results label printer, recorded values include the time and date of the test, the test time and identified MFFT 90 temperature. The printed label can be attached to retained sample bottles or job sheets.
Paints and Coatings: MFFT 90
The minimum film-forming temperature (MFFT 90) of a paint or coating is the lowest temperature at which it will uniformly coalesce when laid on a substrate as a thin film. The standard test for determining this temperature involves using an MFFT-BAR, as specified by such standards as ASTM D 2354 and ISO 2115. The design of the instrument is based directly on these standards.
Adhesives: MFFT 90
The MFFT 90 of one-pack adhesives can be found in a similar way to paints and coatings. With two-pack adhesives, a strip of aluminum foil can be laid on the platen, to ease cleaning, before applying the adhesive. Two-pack adhesives do not show an MFFT, but the minimum cure temperature can be found by scraping the sample with a spatula
MFFT 90 Features
- Determines the MFFT 90 of latex, emulsions and adhesives
- Easy to use touch screen programme control
- Nickel plated copper platen with an electronically imposed temperature gradient
- Optional results printer for printing date and time stamped MFFT results
- -10˚C to Ninety "90˚C"
MFFT 90 Standards
- ASTM D 2354
- ISO 2115
- DIN 53787 (BY REQUEST GROOVED PLATEN)
MFFT 90 Technical Specifications
- Dimensions: 550 × 610 × 350mm (L × W × H)
- Platen dimensions: 483 × 235mm (L × W)
- Weight: 38kg
- Power: 110–120V AC or 220–240V AC
- Air: 4 liters per minute @ 100 psig
- Water: Mains Pressure; gravity drain
- Inlet temperature: Under 20°C
- Additional 3 Programs for Nine "9" Temperature Programs (3 more than the MFFT 60)
- Cool to Warm (C); 43 - 70C, 53 - 80C, and 63 to 90C
- Download the pdf to see specifics about the 9temperature programs
- Nickel Plated Copper Platen
- 75 micrometer (0.003") cube applicator