Overview of the Bench Xenon Test Chamber
The Bench Xenon Test Chamber is a small, simple and economic xenon test chamber. It uses a low power air-cooled xenon lamp to produce irradiance energy in a small space. Moreover, through a special catoptrical system to ensure that every sample gets exposure to a homogeneous irradiance distribution. It is equipped with extended UV filters to permit UV light below the normal cut-on of natural sunlight to pass（equal to simulating sunlight that doesn’t come through the atmosphere）which produces faster or more severe test results. The operator can set all the required test parameters （Irradiance, test time, BPT etc）through its touch screen, and can check its running status at any time. All the running parameters can be exported to a computer through the USB interface.
Artificial weathering of coatings or exposure of coatings to filtered xenon-arc radiationis are carried out in order to obtain a degree of change in a selected property after a certain radiant exposure H, and/or the radiant exposure which is required to produce a certain degree of ageing. The properties selected for monitoring should preferably be those which are important for the practical use of the coatings. The properties of the coatings exposed are compared which those of unexposed coating prepared from the same coating materials at the same time and in the same way (control specimens) or with those with coatings exposed at the same time whose behavior during testing in exposure apparatus is already known (reference specimens).
A Xenon Lamp light can emulate the effect of sunshine. During the test, radiation energy and temperature are controllable. These tests are generally applied in the fields of paint and coatings, automotive industry, plastic, wood, glue, etc.
Simple, Economicand and easy to use
- Small Size, easy to install, use and practically maintenance-free.
- The xenon light source correspond with international standards; ensure reproducibility and comparability of testing results.
- Irradiance energy can be accurately controlled. The "Sun Eye" control system can automatically compensate the change of light intensity caused by ageing or other factors.
- Users can easily calibrate and adjust the irradiance or the blackboard temperature by themselves.
- With High precision Pt100 Temperature sensor. Blackboard temperature is auto-controlled during the whole process
- Alarm function for protection：Over temperature, over heating load,big error for irradiance, auto shut-down protection when opening door.
- Touch screen and user-friendly operation interface allow operator to set the test parameters and monitor all the test process easily.
- Specimen mounting and evaluation is fast and easy With unique slide-out specimen tray
- Real-time data can be collected and recorded. The incidental USB connector allow users to copy the test data into a USB drive, achieving unattended operation.
Main Technical Parameters
- Xenon Lamp：one 1.8KW xenon lamp （Made in the USA）
- Fliter：Extended UV filter （Also available daylight filter or window glass filter）
- Irradiance monitor methods：340nm or 420nm（Narrow band）or 300nm～400nm（Broad band)
- Lamp Lifetime：Near 1,500 hours
- Exposure Area：1,000 cm2 (fits 9 standard samples 150×70mm)
- Adjustable Irradiance Range：50W/m2～120W/m2（300nm～400nm）or 0.3 W/m2～1.0 W/m2（@ 340nm）or 0.5 W/m2～1.8 W/m2（@ 420nm）
- Adjustable Black Board Temperature Range：RT+30℃～90℃（Depends on environment temperature and setting irradiance value）
- Interior Material of Chamber：Stainless steel -SUS 304 material
- Exterior Material of Chamber：Powder coated
- Overall Size37x22.4x21.06in (950×570×535mm（L×W×H）
- Net Weight：205.03lbs (93KG)
- Gross weight: 286.6lbs （130KG)